Our host The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) together with the Italian cooperation partners and EuroDIG have built strong ties to the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) and therefore EuroDIG will remain a satellite event in the overall programme of ESOF.
Our overarching theme “Towards a sustainable governance of the Internet” has not lost its actuality and we will adapt partly the content of our programme to the current challenges.
During the call for issues we received around 180 proposals for the EuroDIG 2020 agenda. At the public planning meeting in Trieste all stakeholder where invited to agree on focus areas:
- Cooperation, legislation, standardisation
- Contribute to and continue with the follow up process on the UN HLP Report in particular participating to the round table discussions on recommendation 5 a/b
- Leverage connecting the unconnected
- All matter access, 5G, community networks, East-West relations
- Data governance and data security
- in relation to economy / competition and SEE countries
- Media issues (ongoing):
- fake news, literacy, journalism
- all matter DNS
- security, standards
The registration for the virtual meeting is closed now. To see the video streams please follow this link.